Silicon Overdrive offers leading brand products with extended warranties, extensive product and partners certifications with competitive pricing and term options as well as the IT procurement management, asset management and compliance services.
Procurement management allows for significant cost cycle, management and support efficiencies to be leveraged:
Simplistic examples include:
- Cost saving by extending replacement cycles;
- License management and compliance –
Volume Server and Desktop licensing can be transferred and facilitates Software Asset Management. Move Microsoft Office Platform licensing to FPP/Retail with three activations/transfers potentially saving 100% of costs in year 4 relative to OEM/PKS
- Our invoice structure on licensing follows EULA rules which is important to mitigate BSA liabilities, determined on an invoice basis. Our services are used extensively by Companies to audit, correct and maintain Licensing compliance (MLPA, SAM). To date no Client under our license management has been found in non-compliance nor been penalized following assessment by Microsoft.
- Antivirus Volume licensing allows for annual vender renewal discounts of up to 40% and facilitates Software Asset Management;
- Low consumption technologies such as LED-backlit screens and devices are recommended lowering utility charges and device carbon footprint, while limiting capital cost investments in extended-run UPS infrastructures.
Responsible disposal od Client e-waste via documented disposal centres, Ref: e-Waste Association of South Africa (eWASA) according to the National Waste Act.