Duties & responsibilities will include:
- Perform basic network support, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Communicate with Clients effectively and directly via phone, email and remote diagnostics to identify and resolve Client reported issues
- Ability to deliver work within agreed Service Level Agreement commitments, particularly desktop troubleshooting resolution standards, and adherence to call logging, ticketing and billing processes
- Oversee and update assigned support service requests.
- Carry out swop out activities for disabled or faulty PC & laptops and or/peripherals, ensuring minimum downtime of the user.
- Arrange with Helpdesk for repair activities to be initiated.
- Provide for and assist users in data migration and /or backup before data erasure during support services.
- Completed technical documentation and audits of all PC hardware and PC software, including software license compliance, highlighting any irregularities and preventing any illegal usage
- Assist clients in recommending hardware, software and products that may benefit or enhance a client’s network. Provide technical advice, recommendations on industry standards, virus detection, connectivity issues etc.
- Adhere to best Information Technology practices, policies, procedures and directives from the company
- Ensure that the devices, operating system and applications are up to date with the latest drivers, service packs and system and security patches
- Interface and collaborate with other 3rd party vendors to ensure seamless integration and support services
- Continually develop skills and achieve applicable certifications as per the company certification and development program prerequisite
- Driver’s license & reliable vehicle is required as the technician will be required to go onsite to Clients
- Minimum Matric / Grade 12 qualification essential
- Related IT qualification highly advantageous
- A+ cert
- N+ cert
Work experience required:
- At least 2 – 3 years experience as an on-site desktop support engineer
Personal qualities & behavioural traits:
- Self – motivated, honest & reliable, with a strong sense of accountability
- Be able to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Neat, organised, well-spoken and well presented
- Great problem-solving skills
Kindly email your CV in a Word document only to email@example.com