If you feel you have what it takes to be a part of our dynamic company, please read on to see if you qualify for the following available vacancy:
* Permanent full time position
* 45 hours per week. Normal business hours 08h30 to 17h00 Monday to Fridays
* Offices located in Woodstock
* Valid Driver’s License & own vehicle is a MUST– technician may be required to drive around to clients
- Minimum of a
matriceducation, with a technical certification (i.e.: MCSE, Server)
- Drivers license & reliable vehicle is required; you will be required to go onsite to Clients
- A+ cert
- N+ cert
Work experience & skills
- At least 1 – 2 years experience as an on-site desktop support engineer
- Personal qualities &
- Self – motivated, honest & reliable, with a strong sense of accountability
- Be able to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Neat, self-organised, well-spoken and well presented
- Great problem solving skills
Duties & responsibilities will include
* Provide exceptional support, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting for desktop hardware, peripherals, data backup solutions, mobile devices, wireless, software, anti-virus, file, internet, mail, cloud services and training.
* Perform basic network support, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Communicate with Clients effectively and directly via phone, email and remote diagnostics to identify and resolve Client reported issues
* Ability to deliver work within agreed Service Level Agreement commitments, particularly desktop troubleshooting resolution standards, and adherence to call logging, ticketing and billing processes
* Oversee and update assigned support service requests.
* Carry out swop out activities for disabled or faulty PC & laptops and or/peripherals, ensuring a minimum downtime of the user. Arrange with Helpdesk for repair activities to be initiated. Assist with returning goods to suppliers for repairs or warrantee claims
* Provide for and assist users in data migration and /or backup prior to data erasure during support services.
* Completed technical documentation, and audits of all PC hardware and PC software, including software license compliance, highlighting any irregularities and preventing any illegal usage
* Assist clients in recommending hardware, software and products that may benefit or enhance a client’s network. Provide technical advice, recommendations on industry standards, virus detection, connectivity issues etc.
* Adhere to best Information Technology practices, policies, procedures and directives from the company.
* Ensure that the devices, operating system and applications are up to date with the latest drivers, service packs and system and security patches
* Interface and collaborate with other 3rd party vendors to ensure seamless integration and support services
* Continually develop skills and achieve applicable certifications as per the company certification and development program prerequisites
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to: recruitment[at]overdrive.co.za